Over 2000 learners still not placed - WC
Approximately 2600 learners still haven't been placed at schools in the Western Cape.
The number of pupils needing schools has dropped from 18500 in January, but late enrollment has resulted in the almost 300 learners not being placed.
The Western Cape Education Department's Jessica Shelver says; “This represents 0,04% of our total learner population. The demand is mainly concentrated in the urban metro areas and the challenges that we’ve experienced this term are late enrollment and persons that are relocating to the Western Cape.”
- Public protector office probes City Power
- The impact of Pinterest on copyright laws
- South African animation the biggest winner at Kidscreen Awards
- Three TUT campuses closed
- Car guards now have swiping facilities
- Kruger National Park makes provisions for Dineo
- IFP: KZN not prepared for 'army' invasion
- SA airports in world top 10 for punctuality
- NPA must prosecute those involved in Esidimeni tragedy
- Mass animal sterilization programme launching in Mamre