Cops nab alleged gang member in CT
Police confirmed the arrest of a suspected gang member in Mitchells Plain, Cape Town.
The 32-year-old suspect was arrested after a tip-off from community members about alleged illicit activities.
Police spokesperson Frederick van Wyk confirmed the suspect's arrest.
"Members saw the suspect trying to hide something in the wooden panel of the house. Upon searching the area, they found a 9mm star pistol. They continued the search and found mandrax tablets, 33 packets of tik and 35 dagga cigarettes," he told EWN.
More News South Africa
- Omar family devastated by 'senseless' killing
- Bathabile Dlamini under fire for wanting to protect Manana from punishment
- Nine-year-old killed in collision in Bloemfontein
- R25 000 fine for homophobic slur
- Man dies after losing control of bike
- Nurse found guilty of stealing ARVs at clinic
- DA to report Mduduzi Manana to Commission for Gender Equality
- Cops investigate murder of two learners at KwaZulu-Natal school
- Shaka Sisulu allegedly assaulted former partner over child maintenance
- DA councillor caught stealing 'sweets' in Mpumalanga