Famous brothel owner wins primary election
Dennis Hof, owner of the famous Moonlite BunnyRanch, has secured the Republican nomination for the Nevada State Assembly this week, ousting an established GOP lawmaker.
His District 36 seat in the state legislature will now hinge on a showdown with Democratic candidate Lesia Romanov in November. It is a showdown that he is expected to win, given the traditional political leanings in that district.
His success is as strong a sign as any that the attitudes in the United States are changing, after WWE wrestler Glenn Jacobs, better known as Kane, won a GOP Mayoral Primary in Tennessee earlier this year.
Some would say that this departure from the traditional politics has been inspired by the Presidency of property mogul and tv star Donald Trump.
So, why is somebody like Hof running and why has he been successful in the political space?
Chances are that Trump's dreams for America have served as the inspiration.
"It's all because Donald Trump was the Christopher Columbus for me," Hof told the Associated Press on Wednesday.
"He found the way and I jumped on it," added Hof.
More News South Africa
- Trump fed up with ridiculous witch-hunt
- New York suing the Trump Foundation
- Google launches AI centre in Ghana
- Africa's Grand Inga project shifts into fifth gear
- Teacher Sprinkles her student with love, charged with sexual assault
- London Breed the first black woman to win San Francisco Mayoral race
- Public Protector given chance to breathe
- Fifth miner's body recovered
- Eskom to turn to courts for help with strike
- Two killed in ‘brutal’ mosque attack in Cape Town