Manana expected back in court
Mduduzi Manana is expected to appear in the Randburg Magistrate's Court on Wednesday.
The former deputy minister of Higher Education faces two counts of assault with intent to cause grievous bodily harm for attacking two women.
Manana caused public outcry, with many calling for him to be fired, when a video surfaced of him assaulting a woman at a popular nightclub in Fourways.
He admitted to slapping the victim, but defended his actions by saying he was provoked.
Manana is currently out on R5 000 bail and has resigned from his position, but retains his position as an ANC MP.
More News South Africa
- Taxify vehicles torched in Pretoria
- Two CPUT students released on bail
- Brickz: 'I'm innocent and my conscience is clear'
- DA says Mkhwebane needs to go
- Assessments at CPUT postponed
- Robber shoots himself accidentally during robbery
- Still no power in parts of Joburg CBD
- Protesters shut CPUT's Mowbray campus down
- Motlanthe reveals disillusionment with the ANC
- 'Rapist' pastor back in court