Multiple injuries after bakkie and car collide
A collision between a bakkie and light motor vehicle on Sunday morning has left ten people injured.
According to reports, the collision occurred on a gravel road off Geelhoutboom near George, in the Western Cape.
ER24 paramedics say that when they arrived on the scene, two vehicles were in the middle of the gravel road, while several people were found wandering around.
Russel Meiring, ER24 spokesperson, says that after assessing the patients at the scene, ten were found to have sustained injuries ranging from minor to moderate. A number of the injured are believed to have been on the back of the bakkie when the collision occurred.
The injured were treated by paramedics at the scene before being transported to George Provincial Hospital for further treatment.
The incident is being investigated by local authorities.
More News South Africa
- Brian Molefe told to pay back the pension money... again
- Presidential congratulations for Team SA
- Supra lives, DA-EFF romance continues to crumble
- North West's Supra next in DA's sights
- Petrol price to spike again in May, following escalation in Syria
- Lamberti quits BLSA
- Manhunt launched following Addo house robbery
- DA Abroad rejects 'white genocide' narratives causing protests overseas
- Calls for Fraser's security clearance to be revoked 'as a matter of urgency'
- East London Flying Squad swoops in for swift arrest