Robber shoots himself accidentally during robbery
A robber shot himself in the foot during a robbery at a cellphone store in Port Elizabeth.
Police confirmed that the incident took place in Traduna Mall.
Eastern Cape Police spokesperson Sandra Janse van Rensburg said that three suspects entered the store, two of whom were armed.
The men threatened employees inside the store and demanded the keys to the safe. A scuffle broke out between an employee and one of the armed men, during which one of the robbers was shot in the foot.
The suspects then fled the scene with laptops and cellphones. None of the employees were injured.
Van Rensburg confirmed that a case of robbery is being investigated.
More News South Africa
- Taxify vehicles torched in Pretoria
- Two CPUT students released on bail
- Brickz: 'I'm innocent and my conscience is clear'
- DA says Mkhwebane needs to go
- Assessments at CPUT postponed
- Manana expected back in court
- Still no power in parts of Joburg CBD
- Protesters shut CPUT's Mowbray campus down
- Motlanthe reveals disillusionment with the ANC
- 'Rapist' pastor back in court