Shaka Sisulu allegedly assaulted former partner over child maintenance | Free Email -

Welcome to Webmail!

We offer FREE email, cloud storage and more. Get your FREE account!

Shaka Sisulu allegedly assaulted former partner over child maintenance

Shaka Sisulu allegedly assaulted former partner over child maintenance

Media personality Shaka Sisulu is in hot waters for allegedly assaulting the mother of his child, Lerato Sedi. 

Sedi is accusing Sisulu of assaulting her at his home in Morningside, Sandton.

Sisulu's former partner said that the trouble began when she she sent him a text, asking if he could send money for their three-year-old son. 

"He then asked that I come to his home the following morning on my way to drop off our son," she told City Press. 

She went on to say, "I went to his home and he asked that we speak outside on his patio. When I explained to him what the money I keep asking for every month was for, he told me that I chose friends over my financial security."

When Sisulu refused to give Sedi money, she threatened to take him to court. 

Sedi said she walked away but Sisulu called her back on the patio and two continued to talk. 

"He proceeded to tell me that he doesn’t owe me anything and that I should stop asking him for money."

Sedi said that when she tried to leave, Sisula allegedly slammed the door into her arm.

In an email to City Press, Sisulu denied Sedi's claims. 

"The mother of my child claimed that I pushed her against a door. I deny this claim."

He admitted that Sedi visited his home but says the assault is not true. 

"Other than her leaving my house upset that I did not accede to her proposals, I can confirm with absolute certainty that nothing else happened. Absolutely no assault of any kind took place."

National Prosecuting Authority spokesperson Phindi Mjonondwane confirmed that Sisulu was arrested at Sandton police station. He was charged with assault with intent to do grievous bodily harm. 

He applied for bail and was released on R500 bail. 

Sisulu did not show up to his first court appearance on Thursday. He appeared in the Randburg Magistrate’s Court on Friday. He is expected to appear back in court next month.  

Back to Top