Uhuru: Mombasa has turned into a dump
President Uhuru Kenyatta said Mombasa had become an absolute dump under the administration of the Orange Democratic Movement (ODM).
The Governor for Mombasa is Hassan Joho, who has been at the helm since March, 2013. He is also the Deputy Leader of he ODM, which is competing against Kenyatta's Jubilee.
Kenyatta's national government has not covered itself in glory since it took office, but one of the tactics during this campaign has been to shift the spotlight towards areas that had been badly governed by the opposition parties in that country.
He explained promises that had been made to the people of Mombasa had not been kept.
"Your leader here (Governor Joho) has resorted to abusing me instead of delivering service to the people of Mombasa," said Kenyatta on the campaign trail.
"He thinks by abusing me he is being a hero. But I tell him that abusing me will not give me sleepless nights. I will eat and sleep soundly," added Kenyatta.
He said the ODM and its alliance partners were not in a position to criticize the national government.
"He can continue to abuse me day and night but that will not worry me. I am telling him that being a hero is acquired through doing work for the people."
More News South Africa
- Man found guilty of killing ex-girlfriend's son
- Man arrested for allegedly raping friend's 12-year-old daughter
- Two stoned to death over cellphone
- Chapman's Peak Drive reopened after three-week closure
- Eskom employee murder case postponed until September
- Atlantis murder accused abandons bail application
- Kenyan police prepare for worst ahead of elections
- UK v EU: Round Two begins this week
- 19 000 Mazda cars recalled in SA
- Amor will reportedly tell her side of the story in new book