Chris Brown arrested by Florida police
Rapper Chris Brown has found himself on the wrong side of the law - this time having Florida police waiting for him after finishing a set.
The Privacy hitmaker is currently on tour and was arrested after performing in West Palm Beach on Thursday evening. He was reportedly booked on a charge of felony battery, but released after posting the $2 000 bond.
All the Palm Beach County Sheriff office would say is that the singer was arrested on a warrant issued in Tampa, but declined to give any details.
The rapper was expected to continue his tour in Tampa on Friday.
According to a report by TMZ, the warrant was related to an incident that occurred in 2017 where he reportedly punched an in-house photographer during a paid appearance at a nightclub.
Brown, 29, is no stranger to controversy or run-ins with the law.
The most notorious incident he was involved in involved his then-girlfriend Rihanna in 2009. He was convicted of beating her so badly that she was forced to miss the Grammy Awards.
In May this year, he was accused by a Los Angeles woman who said she was lured to his home where she was repeatedly raped by him and another rapper.
He was arrested in 2016 and charged with assault with a deadly weapon. His arrest came after a stand-off with police after a woman accused him of threatening her at his home.
In 2014, he pleaded guilty to assaulting a fan in Washington, while a woman accused him of being violent with her in Las Vegas.
Brown shot to fame after record label scouts found him as a boy working in his father's gas station in Virginia.
Initially identified as a rapper, he quickly gathered fans with his rich singing voice, but recent years have seen him make the news more for his legal troubles than for his actual talent.
- Janet Jackson thanks fans for 'love and support'
- Just 6 headed on first European tour
- Evil returns to Derry as 'IT: Chapter Two' begins filming
- Hold Up! Issa Rae headed to Mzansi for 'In Good Company' experience
- James to tour South Africa in November 2018
- Oprah looking snatched on 'British Vogue' cover
- Jax performing at the White House, whether you like it or not
- Ed Sheeran being sued for hit song...again!
- Confirmed! Cardi B and Offset are Married
- Halala!! Sjava wins BET Award