Mariah Carey gets gastric sleeve surgery
American singer Mariah Carey reportedly went under the knife to get her 'slim' figure back.
Carey caused a stir on social media when fans noticed that the We Belong Together singer looked 'slimmer than usual'.
The singer left fans shocked when they heard the news that she had undergone weightloss surgery.
Sources close to the singer said that she is currently recovering after having gastric sleeve surgery.
Gastric sleeve surgery is a medical procedure that reduces the stomach to about 15 percent of its original size. According to WebMD, the stomach is a lot smaller and this will help people lose weight. "With a smaller stomach, you will feel full a lot quicker than you are used to."
The insider told Entertainment Tonight that Carey struggled with her weight and it would often upset her.
The source confirms that the singer is happier since having the surgery.
'She's happy with this new chapter in her life."
- La La Anthony speaks about relationship with Carmelo Anthony
- Incubus heading to SA in February
- Jennifer Hudson splits from long-time fiancé
- Rapper Lil Peep found dead on tour bus
- Mama Braxton accuses Vince of abusing Tamar 'for years'
- Colin Kaepernick named GQ Citizen of the Year
- Jordin Sparks is full of surprises
- Paper magazine breaks the internet again...with Nicki Minaj cover
- Tamar Braxton opens up about her 'troubled' marriage
- Mark Asari drops brand new EP, Minus to Plus