Thabsie's career to blow up after collab with Kwesta
The 25-year-old singer, Bathabise Biyela AKA Thabsie’s, recently did a collaboration with rapper Kwesta on a hit single titled "Ngyaz'fela Ngawe", which has been the most played song on TV and radio, seems to have attracted a lot of positive attention.
The Cape Town-born vocalist admitted that although most music lovers are only recognising her now, she has been a backing vocalist for South African musos like Donald, Khuli Chana and DJ Franky, but is now gearing up to release her debut album, Cry.
Speaking to Daily Sun, she said it was a reminder and a reflection on her musical journey. “I cannot wait to share my gift of music beyond Mzansi,” she said.
The singing sensation, with an unmatched voice and the looks to go with the talent, is the New Age R&B rising star on the block.
She has signed with the recording label Sid Records, which produced for successful artists like DJ Speedsta, Sliqe, Nadia Nakai, Lulo Cafe and the late Mandoza.
She describes her first single Cry as a mix of old and new R&B, fused with soul and hip hop. Last year she collaborated with DJ Franky on the single A Night To Remember. She was also featured on Channel O’s popular unplugged show Stripped Down as a backing vocalist for local artists.
- Chris Cornell cause of death confirmed: suicide by hanging
- LA Reid leaves Epic Records
- Kevin Hart and wife Eniko expecting their first child together
- New Girl to end after season 7
- Cassper Nyovest seems to be happy and in love again
- K Naomi and DJ Shimza deny being an item
- Jozi's 11-year-old kid wins a competition to dance with Bieber on stage today