Bathabile Dlamini: 'Karabo's alleged killer could not kill her confidence'
Minister of Social Development Bathabile Dlamini said that murdered Karabo Mokoena's killer took her life because he knew he couldn't kill her confidence.
Dlamini attended Mokoena's funeral service at the Diepkloof Multipurpose Hall in Soweto on Friday.
Speaking at the funeral, Dlamini said that Mokoena's alleged killer was forced to "let her go" because she wouldn't listen to him.
"Our children are being raised in times that are different from ours. They love money… They are materialistic. Our children don’t see when they are being abused psychologically. But Karabo had strong confidence and he realised that the only thing is for her to go because she wouldn't listen to him‚" she said.
Karabo was allegedly murdered by her 27-year-old boyfriend. Her body was found in a veld in Lyndhurst, Johannesburg.
More News South Africa
- Durban taxi crash kills one, injures 15
- Girl goes missing on way to school
- Taxi carrying 16 schoolgirls overturns in Durban
- Taxi driver caught off-guard, as passenger goes into labour
- Mantashe: Everybody who wants attention takes a dig at ANC
- Death of 31 illegal miners a painful reminder of the dangers involved
- Numsa: GM mustn't dump their products here when they're gone
- Kremlin: US-led airstrikes in Syria are a gross violation
- Police ask public to help find missing girls
- Family church cannot bury murdered Courtney Pieters