DA councillor caught stealing 'sweets' in Mpumalanga
A Democratic Alliance (DA) councillor has been arrested for allegedly shoplifting in Sabie in Mpumalanga.
The suspect and fellow DA members were allegedly on their way to a march to the provincial police commissioner of Mpumalanga to hand over memorandum, when they decided to stop along the way and grab some snacks at a Usave Shoprite.
The man tried to steal sweets inside the store.
Police spokesperson Brigadier Leonard Hlathi confirmed that the suspect is expected to appear in the Sabie Magistrate Court on Monday.
"He is currently out on a R300 bail and his case is being investigated," Hlathi said.
More News South Africa
- Omar family devastated by 'senseless' killing
- Bathabile Dlamini under fire for wanting to protect Manana from punishment
- Nine-year-old killed in collision in Bloemfontein
- R25 000 fine for homophobic slur
- Man dies after losing control of bike
- Nurse found guilty of stealing ARVs at clinic
- DA to report Mduduzi Manana to Commission for Gender Equality
- Cops investigate murder of two learners at KwaZulu-Natal school
- Shaka Sisulu allegedly assaulted former partner over child maintenance
- Cops nab alleged gang member in CT