Family church cannot bury murdered Courtney Pieters
The family of murdered three-year-old Courtney Pieters were told that the toddler's funeral cannot be held at the church they belonged to, with leaders saying the church is not available.
It is believed that Courtney's alleged killer's father is the head pastor at the church.
Church leaders told the family that the funeral cannot be held at the Old Apostolic Church in Matroosfontein.
The family was then forced to find an alternative church for her funeral.
Courtney's mother, Juanita Pieters, said that she was told that the church cannot bury the three-year-old.
"The reason Courtney will be buried from the Adriaanse Hall is because the church said they will be doing preparations for the Sealing Service happening on Sunday. The church is apparently not available this Saturday as they get it ready for this special service that we have," the mother told the Daily Voice.
Courtney's funeral will now take place at Adriaanse Community Hall next to Clarke Estate on Saturday.
More News South Africa
- Durban taxi crash kills one, injures 15
- Girl goes missing on way to school
- Taxi carrying 16 schoolgirls overturns in Durban
- Taxi driver caught off-guard, as passenger goes into labour
- Mantashe: Everybody who wants attention takes a dig at ANC
- Death of 31 illegal miners a painful reminder of the dangers involved
- Numsa: GM mustn't dump their products here when they're gone
- Kremlin: US-led airstrikes in Syria are a gross violation
- Police ask public to help find missing girls
- Bathabile Dlamini: 'Karabo's alleged killer could not kill her confidence'