Mafela family celebrate Joe's life
Following the death of veteran actor Joe Mafela at the weekend, his family says they would like to celebrate his life.
His niece Milicent Mulalu says; “If there’s anything that anybody can take or learn from him is that whatever you do, you do with dedication. He was a public person even with that, he gave a lot of time to family.”
Mafela died in a car accident on Saturday.
“He went with his wife on a boat cruise last week, so he was away from Monday until Friday and then he comes and he gets an accident, and that’s it. I think at the moment, we feel we need to deal with the pain but celebrate his life at the same time.”
The details of the funeral have not been confirmed.
He was 75 at the time of his death.
Mafela has been in the South African entertainment industry for over 50 years.
He is most famous for the tag line; "It's good, good, good... it's good it's nice".
More News South Africa
- This day in history: Never forget Sharpeville
- Driver busted with 200 000 mandrax tablets
- Masiphumelele land invasion turns violent
- IFP: 'His death sent shockwaves throughout the entertainment industry'
- Zimbabwean contraceptives smuggled into SA
- Urgent aid needed for 30 000 people who fled fighting in Wau Shilluk
- Lillian Dube: 'We need to be honoured while we are still alive'
- SAFTA win for 'Shepherds and Butchers'
- Port authorities refusing responsibility for ship damaged while in dry dock
- Strand swimmers still missing