Protesters shut CPUT's Mowbray campus down
The Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT) announced that classes at the Mowbray campus have been suspended as result of disruptions due to protests.
The institution released a statement on Wednesday morning.
"This morning a group of protestors disrupted classes on the Mowbray campus. The campus is shut down until further notice."
Students have been asked to communicate with their lecturers regarding classes and assessments following the shutdown.
"Students and staff are advised to engage with their lecturers and line managers respectively in this regard."
More News South Africa
- Taxify vehicles torched in Pretoria
- Two CPUT students released on bail
- Brickz: 'I'm innocent and my conscience is clear'
- DA says Mkhwebane needs to go
- Assessments at CPUT postponed
- Robber shoots himself accidentally during robbery
- Manana expected back in court
- Still no power in parts of Joburg CBD
- Motlanthe reveals disillusionment with the ANC
- 'Rapist' pastor back in court