'Rapist' pastor back in court
A pastor accused of raping four girls inside a church in Burgersdorp near Tzaneen appeared in the Lenyenye Magistrate’s Court on Tuesday.
The police's Lieutenant-Colonel Moatshe Ngoepe said that self-proclaimed prophet Confidence Monyela is facing five charges of rape and one charge of sexual assault.
The girls, aged between 12 and 16, were raped by the pastor between December 2016 and August 2017.
"Allegations are that this pastor raped all these victims inside the church on different dates, after he invited them one by one to come to the church for prayer and while busy praying, he will then attack the victim and rape her," Ngoepe said.
More News South Africa
- Taxify vehicles torched in Pretoria
- Two CPUT students released on bail
- Brickz: 'I'm innocent and my conscience is clear'
- DA says Mkhwebane needs to go
- Assessments at CPUT postponed
- Robber shoots himself accidentally during robbery
- Manana expected back in court
- Still no power in parts of Joburg CBD
- Protesters shut CPUT's Mowbray campus down
- Motlanthe reveals disillusionment with the ANC