Stats SA helps singles find love
Statistics South Africa has stepped in to assist those looking for love in South Africa.
The researchers took some time away from the weighty topics of crime and politics, to run some numbers to improve our chances at finding love.
The result was a series of based on the 2011 Census to narrow your search. The stats were narrowed down to unmarried people in the 20-34 age group.
In Johannesburg, single women made up 43% of people counted and lived mostly in the northern areas of the city, like Melrose, Robin Hills and Meredale. Single men can be found in George Goch, Denver, Lawley and Roodepoort.
For those in Cape Town, single men make up a significant part of the population of that age group, at 54%. They can be found in Bellville central, Weltevreden Valley in Mitchells Plain and Harbour Island in Gordon's Bay. Single women can be found in Bosonia, Bellville West, Springbokpark, and Mouille Point.
In Durban, single men also make up a significant portion of that age group, also at 54%. They can be found in Summerveld, KwaMahsu A-section and Umshinini. Women can be found in Prestondale, Doon Heights, Fields Hill and Umlazi Y-section.
StatsSa pointed out that a high number of men live around prisons, which may suit those looking for a LAT relationship (living apart but together).
More News South Africa
- Province receives measles vaccination
- Another postponement for Blochliger case
- Zuma launches newly revamped immigration facility
- AKA and Bonang have split
- Zille outlines plan to deal with water shortage
- Hawks bust a fourth in vehicle licensing scam
- Public protector office probes City Power
- The impact of Pinterest on copyright laws
- Police publicly strip-search boy, 12
- South African animation the biggest winner at Kidscreen Awards