Tim Noakes has been found not guilty
The Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) has found Professor Tim Noakes not guilty of misconduct on Friday.
What started as a simple response to a Twitter question in 2014, resulted in a complaint being lodged against Noakes which later turned into a hearing in 2015, has finally concluded in 2017 with the banting guru being found not guilty.
The complaint was laid by the former president of the Association for Dietetics in South Africa, Claire Julsing-Strydom.
Advocate Joan Adams, chairman of an independent panel that considered the charge against Noakes by the HPCSA, said that Noakes' Twitter account did not describe him as a registered doctor nor did it suggest he was one.
More News South Africa
- IFP: SA roads have become cemeteries
- Zuma deeply saddened by death of 19 children in taxi crash
- Family of Stacha's murder accused trying to sell their home
- City of Cape Town says 'tadpole' found in tap water is hair
- Ayanda Mabulu has been receiving death threats
- ANC EC wants Lindiwe Sisulu for president
- EFF accuses Mbete of trying to destroy freedom of speech in Parly
- Drug dealer who used young boys as runners arrested
- Ntshalintshali warns Cosatu leaders to toe the party line
- Nigerian pastor in court on human trafficking charges