Zuma launches newly revamped immigration facility
President Jacob Zuma and a delegation of home affairs officials launched the newly revamped immigration facility in Pretoria on Friday.
Zuma says that he is satisfied with the interventions made at the Desmond Tutu Refugee Reception Centre.
The interventions are expected to improve service delivery and ensure everyone is treated equally, Zuma said.
The centre was renovated after foreign nationals complained that there was alleged corruption, overcrowding and criminal syndicates.
Zuma says that the government is working on; “instilling a culture of Ubuntu and compassion at the centre.”
More News South Africa
- Customs make R78-million cocaine bust at OR Tambo
- Four dead in horror crash- KZN
- Man arrested for fake robbery report - WC
- Fee uncertainty to be cleared up this year - Zuma
- Over R1.2 million worth of medicine stolen
- Storm Dineo is being monitored closely
- SANDF send condolences to victims families
- Rape victims need access to healthcare - MSF
- Another postponement for Blochliger case
- Heavy rains expected in Limpopo, Mpumalanga