Shakib suffers off-duty injury scare
Bangladesh allrounder Shakib-al-Hasan has suffered an injury scare while taking part in a training camp ahead of the Test series against Australia.
It is understood that Shakib trained on Friday and appeared to be fully fit when he left the camp in the evening.
However upon arriving at the camp on Saturday morning Shakib was unable to train due to a sore and swollen ankle.
The injury seems to have occurred at home but the player was unavailable for comment at this time.
He was seen to be limping around the training session at the Shere Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Mirpur.
The team doctor has strapped the ankle and will monitor Shakib's condition over the next 48 hours.
The injury is believed to be mild and should not effect the allrounder's participation in the Test series.
Shakib is also set to join up with the Jamaica Tallawahs for the Caribbean Premier League that gets underway next month but will likely return for the Tests that start at the end of August.
Bangladesh play two Tests against Australia before embarking on a full bilateral tour of South Africa in September.
The Tigers were due to host Pakistan during this season but the tour was cancelled after the BCB refused to allow their team to travel to Pakistan for a short T20I series over security concerns.
- Pay talks stall on revenue sharing again
- Miller joins Glamorgan for the Blast
- Wood passed fit ahead of third Test
- Proteas skewer England to level series
- In control Proteas grind down England
- Pothas pins pitch after poor performance
- Raza heroics give Zimbabwe the edge
- Sri Lanka rue missed opportunities
- Zim look to set Sri Lanka a stiff target
- Cremer inspires Zimbabwe fightback