De Bruin to take Lions reins
The Lions have announced that Swys de Bruin will replace Johan Ackermann as head coach when the latter departs for Gloucester.
De Bruin, who is currently Ackermann's assistant, has been confirmed in the role by Rudolf Straeuli, CEO of Lions Rugby (Pty) Ltd.
"The company is pleased to announce that De Bruin has put pen to paper for the position of head coach at the Lions," Straeuli said.
"We believe it will bring continuity and stability within the different teams in the various competitions that we are taking part in."
De Bruin said: "I am thankful for the trust the board of directors put in me and look forward to the challenge."
- Lions overpower the Sharks to finish top
- Stormers outgun the Bulls
- Cheetahs sign off with a win
- Preview: Sharks v Lions
- Preview: Bulls v Stormers
- Lewies to hit milestone for Sharks
- Adendorff to make first start for Bulls
- Preview: Kings v Cheetahs
- Mohoje to start for Cheetahs
- Minimal changes from Kings