Trevor Nyakane withdraws from Springbok squad
Springbok head coach Rassie Erasmus has reduced his squad to 45 players for the last two matches of their three-Test series against England.
It has been confirmed that prop Trevor Nyakane has been withdrawn from the Bok squad because of injury.
Nyakane has trouble with a rib injury and did not play a part in Saturday’s victory over the English at Emirates Airline Park in Johannesburg after he was initially named in the starting line-up.
Meanwhile, Ox Nche, Jason Jenkins, Kwagga Smith, Nizaam Carr, Travis Ismaiel, Curwin Bosch and Cameron Wright have been released from the squad back to their franchises following Saturday's opening Test against England in Johannesburg.
The Springboks travel to Bloemfontein on Sunday afternoon where they will resume their preparations for the second international against England.
- Five changes for Springboks
- Boks beat England to win series
- Tendai Mtawarira to hit 100 caps
- Blitzboks retain series title after Paris Sevens triumph
- Boks fight back to stun England
- Boks name side to face England
- Boks fall to Wales in Washington
- Du Toit captains new-look Boks
- Season over for Smit
- Siya Kolisi to lead Boks against England