Broken foot ends Neuer's season
Bayern Munich will feel a massive void at the back for the remainder of the season following news that Manuel Neuer has broken a metatarsal in his left foot.
The Bayern keeper sustained the injury in the build-up to Cristiano Ronaldo's hat-trick goal on Tuesday as Real Madrid ran out 4-2 victors in the Champions League quarter-final second leg at the Santiago Bernabeu.
Neuer had been instrumental in helping the Bavarians to the top of the Bundesliga this season, keeping 14 clean sheets and conceding just 13 goals in 26 games.
The 31-year-old does not require surgery, but he will not feature for Carlo Ancelotti's side again this term as they chase back-to-back domestic doubles.
Speaking on the club's official website, Neuer said: "Of course, I am sad that I will not be available to the team for the season finale.
"Now I am concentrating on getting back to full health as soon as possible. This is the most important thing for me now."
- Ramsey: Arsenal players let Wenger down
- Wenger hails 'animal' Sanchez
- Agent not ruling out Griezmann exit
- Klopp wary of big Benteke threat
- Matic: FA Cup semi winner could hold PL advantage
- Eriksen eyes FA Cup win with Spurs
- Keane: Rooney's time at Man United coming to an end
- Pochettino unfazed by interest in Alderweireld
- Barca lose Neymar appeal
- Fellaini: Second leg atmosphere will be different