Hazard could miss derby date with Palace
Chelsea winger Eden Hazard will not feature for Belgium during the international break as he recovers from a calf injury that is set to sideline him for 10 to 15 days.
The 26-year-old missed the 2-1 win over Stoke on Saturday after limping out of training the previous day, but linked up with his national team this week as they prepare for games against Greece and Russia.
However, Red Devils head coach Roberto Martinez has confirmed that Hazard will play no part in their World Cup qualifier on Saturday or the friendly against the 2018 World Cup hosts next Tuesday.
The timeframe for his recovery would put the Belgian star in doubt for the visit of Crystal Palace in 12 days' time.
Martinez said: "Eden has suffered an injury before the match against Stoke, it does not look so serious. But he will not play against Greece. We are going to follow the injury.
"It is a big disappointment for Eden that he cannot lead the team. If you want to be a good team, you have to absorb everything.
"This is a good test for us. I see enough players who can take over his role."
- Ferguson: United should focus on winning Europa
- Ibrahimovic still enjoys proving Guardiola wrong
- Rooney linked with Everton return
- Wenger: PSG rumours are false
- Cech: Wenger has earned right to decide
- Schweinsteiger sad to leave United
- Courtois not interested in Real Madrid move
- Mourinho: I am 'The Calm One'
- Sagna: Wenger still the right man for Arsenal
- Vardy: Angry fans targeted my family