Maritzburg confirm De Sa appointment
Premiership outfit Maritzburg United have confirmed the appointment of former Ajax Cape Town boss Roger De Sa as their new head coach.
The 52-year-old was unveiled by the club at Harry Gwala Stadium on Tuesday afternoon, after putting pen to paper on a three-year contract.
Prior to his stint as Ajax coach, Mozambique-born De Sa was in charge of Orlando Pirates, Wits and Santos.
Speaking to the assembled press at his unveiling, De Sa said: "Given my relationship with the chairman this was always going to happen at some stage. I had a few offers, happy to be here.
"The club has a good squad. It also has the best fan base in the country. They get behind this team in a big way.
"Exciting times for me. The target is to first get to 30 points but we want more than that. We want to compete."
Club chairman Farook Kadodia added: "It was important for us to carefully select this appointment.
"Fadlu Davids did an impeccable job in keeping the team in the top 8.
"Roger and I go back 10 years in football business. We have a coach who we believe has great quality."
- Report: Ronaldo convinced James to snub Chelsea
- Makelele to assist Clement at Swansea
- City in trouble over anti-doping rules
- Klopp hails Sturridge return
- Toffees agree Schneiderlin fee
- Sagna charged over Instagram post
- Blues fail with Terry appeal
- FIFA vote in favor of expanded World Cup
- Agent: Evra exit talk premature
- Ancelotti praises Leipzig win