Two killed at crash in Nottingham Road
Two people have died, after a bakkie with passengers in the back collided with a stationary motor vehicle on the N3 near Nottingham Road on Friday night.
An additional 11 people were injured during the accident, but all of those injuries were moderate. The two deceased died at the scene, leaving local paramedics with no options when they arrived.
"Two people sustained severe injuries, tragically there was nothing that paramedics could do to assist them and they were declared dead at the scene," said Netcare spokesperson Nick Dollman.
"Paramedics attended to a total of 11 people at the scene: 4 had sustained moderate injuries and 5 had sustained minor to moderate injuries," added Dollman.
More World News
- UK shifting its trade focus back to Africa
- Election Issue: Kenya in the time of cholera
- 21 killed, as India dengue outbreak spirals out of control
- 'Doctor Who' to regenerate as a woman
- Uhuru: Mombasa has turned into a dump
- Kenyan police prepare for worst ahead of elections
- Congo rangers killed in attempt to rescue US journalist
- UK v EU: Round Two begins this week
- Wildlife suprise: lion nurses leopard cub
- Robert Mugabe's sons kicked out of their luxurious Sandton apartment